Changes in 3.1
Changes in 3.0
- Add -s flag to force shaped mode
- Makes ~/.mount.app/ the preferences directory
- Middle mouse button ejects media
- Switched to Mercurial for revision control
Changes in 2.8 (Never released)
- Changes required to work with WindowMaker 0.70 and higher, which does not
include libPropList. Instead of using the compatibility header, we rewrote
the property list calls to use the WINGs property list handling.
- Updated documentation.
- Mounts with 'owner' attribute are treated as user-mountable, since
many pam-based distributions use this method.
Changes in 2.7
- Change author email.
- Bug file for external eject command. %s is the mount point, not the
Changes in 2.6
- Erico Freitas sent me a patch that fixes mount.app behavior on very large
partitions. Gracias, Erico.
Changes in 2.5
- Made mount.conf GTK+-1.2 compatible
- Added patch from Thomas Schultz for scalable capacity listing
Changes in 2.4
- Fixed the last of the GTK+ > 1.1.7 bugs (I hope)
- Added the version number to -help printouts
Changes in 2.3
- Fix for configure script path problem
- Support for HFS (Mac) partitions
- Another bug fix for GTK+ > 1.1.7
Changes in 2.2
- New relocateable RPM file format (thanks Paul E. Johnson)
- Fix for non-existant mount points
- Fix (rare) for broken icon types
- Other minor nits picked
Changes in 2.1
- autoconf cleanups
- workaround for GTK+ > 1.1.7
- configurable eject command
- initial mount point configurable
Changes in 2.0
- Color changes in mount button to indicate work in progress
- Error indication characters
- asynchronous external mount/unmounts
Changes in 1.4
- Name change from Mount.app to mount.app
- Mount executable is now mount.app, MountConfig is now mount.conf
- libc5 friendly signal handlers
Changes in 1.2
- Work around for differences between GTK+ 1.1.x and 1.0.x
- Online help tweaks
- Consider this a 2.0pre1
Changes in 1.1
- Mount -n will allow Mount.app to work in other window managers
- New button toggles display of capacity type indicators
Changes in 1.0
- Linux builds no longer use internal eject routine
- Friendly dialog boxes and help screen
- Small FreeBSD fixes
Changes in 0.9
- Linux builds use internal eject routine
- GPL policy prominently displayed
- other minor nits
Changes in 0.8
- New "eject after unmount" feature (read INSTALL file!)
- DOS mount point capacities fixed
- ~/GNUstep/Defaults/Mount.app is new property list file name
Changes in 0.7
- Config app has been beautified
- Hopefully, last option menu bug has been fixed
- Tar file now creates Mount.App-(version) dir
Changes in 0.6
- Oops. Fixed nasty pixmap loading bug.
- Feature work is complete for now. I've decided to go Beta
- I've removed the Font&Color panel, it was close to useless anyway.
- "show capacity" is now an option menu
- Default path and filenames have changed, see below.
Changes in 0.5
- More misc. bug fixes
- Config app is now functionally complete except for the color selectors.
- Except for some changes in the "show capacity" feature, this project
it ready for Beta.
Changes in 0.4
- More misc. bug fixes
- Config app is now in notebook style
Changes in 0.3
- Functional proof of concept config app, kick the tires, test it out.
- I know my GUI's suck. Help me out here ;)
- began a "CREDITS" file for people who send me feedback.
Changes in 0.2
- Fixed --prefix configure problem
- icondir is defaulted to string based on --prefix
- more useless widgets on Config app
Changes in 0.1
- Fixed -lXext configure problem
- Made Mount and Config create defaults file if it's not found
- Cleaned up calling of configuration app
- Moved from Imake to GNU Autoconf. I probably made some mistakes here.
- Dropped all AS code and made it default to WM settings.
- Split up wmmount.c into Mount.c and several other files.
- Dropped wmmountrc file format and adopted libPropList.
- Began configuration tool based on GTK (or GTKstep)
It was explained to me today that because Mount.App wasn't programmed to the
GNUstep API, it technically isn't a GNUstep app. What's this mean
to you? Good question! It means that I've moved Mount.App from the
/usr/local/GNUstep tree and placed it in the standard /usr/local tree.
(./configure --prefix=/other/path overrides that of course).
Since Mount and Config were moved to /usr/local/bin (and are now in your
path), I've renamed Config to MountConfig to make it more apparent what it
So what does all this mean? Well, before you install the new beta
version, you need to uninstall your old copies. If you still have the
old build directory handy, it's easy. Just cd there and type "make
uninstall". Otherwise, you'll have to do the "rm -rf
As an added a bonus, I've changed the format of the defaults file slightly in
order to support the new "show capacity" features, which means you'll want
to delete that file as well before you run the new version. (It's not
mandatory but it might save you some grief). "rm -rf
Oh yeah, BTW, if someone comes up with a way to better represent the
"show capacity" feature so that it is more obvious whether Mount.App is
showing "space used" or "space available", I'd be eternally gratefull.
As usual, Enjoy!
Feel free to send me questions/comments
at my new e-mail address
Old "hacked" wmmount home page: here